My best guess is that I drafted this little chart in the late 1980s, the era in which I was seeking refuge from law school studies in dim microfilm reader rooms. I am struck by several things. Most depressingly: I have identified exactly THREE additional ancestors since I laid this chart aside in favor of genealogy software sometime in the early ‘90s. (And have lost two — both of my grandmothers – which is the most genuinely distressing observation.) The other: the mistakes and missing info.
On the green side:
(2) Lewis’ wife was Margaret Balkcum and my current thinking on her mother’s name is Nancy Balkcum;
(4) Mary Eliza Balkcum’s mother’s name was Nancy Balkcum;
(5) Bessie Henderson’s father was not William D. Martin, but his brother Joseph Buckner “Buck” Martin; and
(6) Robert Aldridge died circa 1899;
(7) Mike Taylor’s name was Henry Michael (or Michael Henry) Taylor;
(8) Mike Taylor’s mother was named Fereby Taylor.
On the red:
(1) Mary Brown’s parents were James Brown and Catherine Booker;
(2) Jasper Holmes died around 1898;
(3) Walker Colvert died in 1905;
(4) James Lee Nicholson’s mother was Rebecca Clampett Nicholson Nicholson – she married her first cousin;
(5) Harriet Nicholson’s mother was Lucinda Cowles; and